While firesteels perform just fine when wet for short periods of time, constant dampness will cause them to degrade and powderize. It is therefore very important to ensure they stay dry during storage, especially in survival kits or coats that may not be checked regularly. The Exotac nanostriker is compact and completely waterproof making ideal for this application. This is a beautifully built, high quality item.
* Patent Pending Collapsible self-contained fire starter
* Ultra-portable for keyring and pocket carry
* Ferrocerium rod works when wet
* Lightweight 6061 aircraft aluminum body
* Stainless steel 440C striker hardened to >50HRC
* Replaceable ferrocerium rod
* More than 3,000 fire-starting strikes